Sound is a specialist music NFT marketplace.
Nuts and bolts
- This marketplace is in beta.
- Soundtracks are dropped at ‘listening parties’ and collectors can purchase them during the event. A countdown beside a coming release lets viewers know the timing of a listening party for a specific song.
- A collector can make a public comment on a song, but the comment disappears if that NFT is re-sold.
- After the listening party, there is a 1-hour mint period during which a maximum of 50 editions can be collected.
- Every artist has their own smart contract, which means they own their own work, not the platform. Trading is in ETH and artists get paid in ETH too.
- Sound also has a store on OpenSea.
Launched in 2021