OpenSea is a multichain NFT marketplace.
Nuts and bolts
- Over 200 categories of digital assets including art, photography, collectibles, domain names, music, sports, virtual worlds, and trading cards.
- The marketplace charges 2.5% per transaction. The creator can charge 10% royalty when resold.
- Gas fees only apply when an NFT is sold.
- It accepts over 150 different tokens as payment methods but does not accept credit cards, so buyers need a digital wallet.
- OpenSea was the first NFT marketplace and their rapid growth is proof of first-mover advantage.
- It is sometimes called the eBay of the NFT space.
U.S.A in 2017